Update: This live course has concluded and is now available as a recorded course through our Subscription Service. This is a great way to learn at your own pace when your schedule allows.To subscribe or learn more: Adult and High School Online Classes
I am very excited to announce our first adult course. If you could use a little help in a job search we are here to help. We've found a vibrant professional who knows the ins and outs of today's job market. If it's been more than just a few years since you've embarked on a job search then this course will be well worth the reasonable cost.
Please click on the title below to register:
Career Search Skills: Beacon of Light in a Dark Economy
Have you ever wondered "How in the world did that person get that job?" or "Wow, that is the best job in the world. I would have never thought that a person could get paid to do that!"
Find out how you can be that person. The mainstream media continues to tell us that the "Sky is Falling!" Well if you like to follow the "Pied Piper" and listen to the symphony of employment destruction ... be my guest. However, if you have the "No Guts, No Glory!" attitude, then read on and seriously consider attending the "Beacon of Light in a Dark Economy" career search course.
In this course you will learn about:
- Resumes / Electronic resumes
- Applications (90% are now online)
- Interview skills (How to become an expert at phone and face to face interviews)
- Online Job Boards such as Monster, Career Builder, Indeed and many others
- Social Media and how it can be used for and against you
- Reputation Management and Networking
- Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace, etc.
- Questions potential employers like to ask
- Confrontational Interviewing and other types of interviews you may encounter
- Other Grassroots / DYI marketing yourself ideas
- Creating your own Unique Selling Proposition
- Session 1 -- Overview of the current market and how has it changed
- Session 2 -- Commonsense and Mistakes that Kill
- Session 3 -- How to create a great marketing blitz – for yourself
Obtaining victory in an employment world that is full of serpents and traps. This course will help you prepare for the challenge.
Fee: $45 for all three classes.
Derek Prentice is a graduate of Hope College with a B/A in Communications, Business and Art. An accomplished and integrity-driven professional with over 14 years of business success with Fortune 500 organizations and start-up companies, specializing in technology, automotive, power sports and consumer electronics.
Attendees are required to have high-speed internet. A headset with microphone is recommended but not required. (You can find them reasonably price at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002XIX0O/catholictreas-20.)
To check your connection with the online classes visit: http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest/.
If you have questions or comments, please leave a comment here or email Maureen Wittmann.
Click HERE to enroll.